I - Identification and Mission
1. Sensos-e Journal is a biannual publication of INED - Centre for Research and Innovation in Education, from the Porto Polytechnic School of Education.
2. It is a peer-reviewed journal, in an electronic format and online.
3. It publishes research and/or innovation and intervention papers in the broader scope of Education within the INED research lines, in the following formats:
A. Papers with text and static image, which can be printed without loss of information;
B. Papers that use multimedia resources, colour and hypertext and/or with possibilities of dynamic interaction that, therefore, cannot be printed without loss of information.
II - Editorial Plan
1. The journal publishes articles written in Portuguese, Spanish, French and English in the following formats:
A. Articles submitted to peer-arbitration processes, which are the focus of the journal, namely articles related to empirical investigations, based on quantitative and/or qualitative methodologies; meta-analyses; review articles aiming at the critical analysis of specific themes of Education;
B. Articles submitted following invitations made by the Editorial Board;
C. Critical reviews submitted for review or following invitations made by the Editorial Board;
D. Letters, interviews and other contents, at the initiative of the Editorial Board.
2. The journal is organized in Volumes and Numbers:
A. The Volumes are numbered sequentially, each corresponding to a calendar year;
B. Numbers are numbered sequentially, and two numbers are published per annum, the first in July and the second in December.
C. The second issue of each volume may contain a thematic section, by a decision of the Editorial Board and with the approval of the inED Scientific Committee, in addition to articles submitted and approved for publication in the areas defined in I-3;
D . Each number may include articles in the formats presented in I-3-a and I-3-b;
E . Each number will have an Editorial, published in Portuguese and in English, written by the Editorial Board or by a person invited by it, in this last case, the Editorial is signed.
F . By a decision of the Editorial Board and with the approval of inED's Scientific Committee, there may be "extra-series" numbers, on specific subject areas proposed by inED researchers, and whose organization, under its responsibility, should follow the principles set out in points II-1, II-2; II-4; II-5 and II-6 of that regulation. In this case, the proposer(s) will appear as Guest Editor(s).
3. The arbitration is the responsibility of the Editorial Board, considering the aspects defined in III-2.
4. Anonymity in the arbitration process is guaranteed.
5. The document with author guidelines is attached to this regulation.
6. The model to be used by the reviewers is attached to this regulation.
III - Structures and Functioning
1. The governing structures of Sensos-e journal are:
A. Editorial Board, composed by the Editor, the Multimedia Production Editor Production and the Deputy Editors;
i. The Editor is nominated by the Scientific Committee of inED among its members and has a casting vote;
ii. The Multimedia Production Editor is nominated by the inED Scientific Committee from the integrated researchers;
iii. The Deputy Editors, in the number of four, are invited by the inED Scientific Committee from the integrated researchers.
B. The Editorial Council, which is composed of national and foreign researchers of recognized merit, outside of the Porto Polytechnic are invited by the Editor, on the proposal of the Editorial Board and/or the Scientific Committee of inED
2. Arbitration for submitted articles is the responsibility of the Editorial Council, and the review is carried out by its members or by personalities invited by the Editorial Board, who will be identified as Reviewers in the specific issue of the journal in which they collaborated.
3. It is up to the Editor, assisted by the Editorial Board:
A. To publish the journal;
B. Call for papers, in accordance with points II-1 and II-2;
C. To receive the articles submitted and to work with the Editorial Board for it to proceed with the arbitration;
D. To decide on the structure, composition and organization of each issue of the journal, considering the provisions of II-2;
E. To write the Editorial or to request it to personalities of recognized merit. In this case, the Editorial is signed;
4. It is up to the Multimedia Production Editor:
A. To ensure the multimedia implementation and the online availability of the journal, and can be assisted by a multimedia designer, proposed and appointed by the Scientific Committee of inED under his proposal;
B. To provide whatever is necessary for the updating of the journal and the proper functioning of the works.